Structural Drying Services for Property Restoration
Water Leak Detection Services in Miami
All Pro Restoration Services is the trusted water leak detection company in Miami. We will extract all the sitting water from your home, but water may have seeped into cracks or seams in the structure causing invisible damage. We have high quality equipment and special meters that can detect hidden moisture inside wall cavities. Our team will make sure to dry the water damaged area completely and fully remove moisture as quickly as possible and have your home back to its pre-loss condition.
We are the Original Water Leak Detection Specialists™ Miami, who continuously revolutionize the industry with our advanced technology and high level of service.
Alerts: Emergency Response
Signs you have a leak:
How Long Does it Take To Dry Walls After Water Damage?
- The amount of humidity that is in the air. Humidity is the moisture that is in the air, and the higher the humidity level, the longer it will take for the moisture in your walls to evaporate
- Wall Coverings. Whether or not you have wallpaper, layers of paint, or stucco on your walls. You may wish to remove everything except the drywall to allow the structure to fully dry
- Saturation. How saturated the walls are with water or mold
Drying Out Walls After Water Damage
- First, identify the source of the water leak and stop more water from coming in
- Assess what kind of water is in the structure: clean, dirty, or contaminated
Once the source of the water and type of water have been determined, then your water damage restoration service can use one or more methods to dry the walls:
- Air drying (best for hot, non-humid climates)
- Fan drying (best for saturated walls)
- Dehumidifying (often used with fans or air drying)
Remember, just because you can’t visibly see or feel the water on the walls doesn’t mean that they are is completely dry. Professional damage repair services use specialized tools and techniques to determine when the entire wall is dry, not just the surface.
Can Concrete Dry After Water Damage?
Yes! Concrete can also be dried and restored, although it often takes a professional to do so.
Here are the steps that restoration services use to dry concrete:
- Use of containment chambers, which are boxes or bubbles of plastic taped to the floor. Trapping the moisture released from the concrete in smaller spaces achieves the right amount of humidity faster
- Professionals use thermo-hygrometers and non-evasive meters to determine when the concrete is at the correct humidity, the upper 60s. As long as the reading is below 72, you can go ahead and reinstall carpet or tile flooring. Wood flooring, however, can’t be installed above 70
- Using low grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers to lower the air temperature in a humid space, improving the effectiveness of the humidifier
- Air movement or fans
- Removing the boundary layer from the surface of the concrete will help the entire slab dry faster
How Can I Dry Out a Damaged Ceiling?
If there’s only a little staining in the ceiling, and the water damage is minor, you can simply cut out the damaged space and replace the drywall. However, if the entire ceiling is damp, then your restoration service will use similar techniques on the ceiling that they do on the walls: dehumidifying the space and training fans or blowers towards the affected areas.
The best way to be sure your water damaged structure has been properly dried after a disaster is to hire a professional restoration company. All Pro Restoration Services in Miami are standing by 24/7 to help with flooded and water damaged properties. Call 305-469-6441 or request a quote online for non-emergencies.