Molds are fungi that thrive in humid, warm, and damp conditions. In houses, they appear as discolored patches on walls, floors, ceiling, and other surfaces. When they reproduce, they release spores that keep the mold enlarging with time. There are several types of mold, and spores from toxic varieties can cause a number of health problems when inhaled.
At All Pro Restoration Services, LLC, mold removal is one of the services that we offer our clients. We serve residential and commercial properties in Florida to prevent further damage as a result of mold growth. If you live in Florida and you’re looking for ‘services for mold removal near me,’ we are here for you.
What are the Signs of Mold in the House?
The following signs indicate the presence of mold in the house:
- You Have Allergic Reactions – Mold is an allergen that affects some people. It causes allergy symptoms such as nasal congestion, watery eyes, coughing, and skin tingling. This is experienced by people who are allergic to mycotoxins, which are produced by toxic molds.
- Frequent Asthma Attacks – When inhaled, spores get into the lungs and exacerbate asthma symptoms. Mold may also be what triggers the initial development of asthma. Another effect on the lungs is allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis that has symptoms such as coughing and wheezing.
- Bubbling Paint on Walls and Ceilings – If your paint appears to bubble, it’s an indication of moisture, which ultimately leads to mold. This can be fixed by identifying the source of moisture. It might be excess humidity, leaky plumbing, or a leaky windowsill. Painting over the bubbling areas won't solve the problem. You should have the moisture issue fixed first before applying a new coat of paint.
- A Squishy Floor – Soft spots on hardwood floors are an indication of water damage and mold. This will eventually spread if not addressed, causing the wood to rot.
How Can You Prevent Mold in the House?
Since mold appears in wet areas, you can prevent it in your house by closely monitoring sources of moisture. Moisture in your ceiling, walls, or floors may come from plumbing and roof leaks, steam from the bathroom, humidifiers, damp basements, outdoor drainage systems, and wet clothes in the house.
Drying wet areas, improving airflow in your home, and properly ventilating your kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room are some of the ways you can help prevent mold from growing and spreading.
What are the Effects of Having Mold in Your Home?
Mold in the house can affect the property, and people living in it. Damage to property include:
- Destroyed Walls, Floors, and Ceiling – When left uncontrolled, mold can eat away ceiling tiles, drywalls, floorboards, and carpets. This may even lead to the collapse of walls, ceiling, and floorboards.
To human health:
- Allergic Reactions and Respiratory Problems - People who are highly sensitive to mold include those with existing respiratory problems such as asthma, and those with a weakened immune system, such as people undergoing chemotherapy. If such individuals are exposed to mold, they may have symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, and skin irritation.
Protect Your Health
If you live in the high humid areas of South Florida, you have probably looked for ‘services for mold removal near me.' All Pro Restoration Services, LLC is certified by the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors. Therefore, you can trust in the quality of our services. Give us a call today on 305-469-6441 to schedule for the complete removal of mold from your home.Mold Removal Near Me